Careers in Local Government
Local Government in NSW is a $6 billion industry that touches almost everyone, in some way, on a daily basis.
More than 50,000 people work in the 129 councils that are located in city, regional and rural locations across NSW. They work in jobs as varied as engineering, children's services, planning, arts and culture, environmental planning, recreation services, tourism, economic development, libraries and museums, finance and administration.
As one of the largest employers in NSW, Local Government not only provides excellent job and career paths, it also offers the unique opportunity to make a real difference to the community you live in.
Choose a career in Local Government and become part of the team that is creating your community.
Take a look at some of the great careers that are on offer:
- Information on Working in Civil Engineering
- Information on Working in Administration Finance and Governance
- Information on Working in Community Services
- Information on Working in Cultural and Recreational Services
- Information on Working in the Environmental Services
- Information on Working in Planning and Development
- Information on Working in Economic Development and Tourism